Sexual Health Clinic
Vanité Clinic provide a range of sexual health treatments & prescriptions for period delay, contraceptives, chlamydia & gonorrhea testing & treating.
Norethisterone is a man-made form of progesterone, a naturally occurring female sex hormone and is used for a number of reasons. It cannot be used as hormone replacement therapy (HRT). Medium-strength tablets can treat heavy periods and are even used for some female cancers, such as breast cancer.
How does it work?
Norethisterone tablets can be taken three times daily to delay periods. Start tablets at least 3 days before the start of a period and continue for as long as needed. A period bleed will normally start 2 to 3 days, and possibly longer, after stopping Norethisterone. As a woman’s hormone balance changes during a menstrual cycle, taking Norethisterone tablets during menstruation will delay a period.
Norethisterone Risk Assessment
1. Combined oral contraceptives (COC)
- Monophasic 21 day pills: One pill daily for 21 days and then no pills for the next seven days.
- Phasic 21 day pills: One pill daily for 21 days and then no pills for the next seven days. Phasic must be taken in the right order.
- Every day pills (phasic and monophasic): Pills taken daily, with 21 active pills and 7 inactive (dummy) pills in a pack. Pills must be taken in the right order.
- Monophasic pills: Each pill has the same amount of hormone.
- Phasic pills: Packs contain two or three sections of different coloured pills, each containing a different amounts of hormones.
2. Progestogen-only oral contraceptives (POP)
- 3-hour progestogen-only pill: must be taken within 3 hours of the same time each day
12-hour progestogen-only pill (desogestrel progestogen-only pill): must be taken within 12 hours of the same time each day
Chlamydia Test & Treat
Our test service is designed for people who don’t have symptoms. It’s a quick and discreet way to check on your sexual health. We also provide Doxycycline to treat chlamydia.